Monday, June 11, 2012

App-v Sequencing of Edconnect 8

The DoE released its new version of Edconnect a few months ago. With the previous version of Edconnect, Iwas able to sequence it with out any problems, but the same could not be said for its newest version. After a normal install and an edit to the OSD file to include a drive mapping, my users would open the app to find the error "system error: directory c:\iam\saig_temp\ does not exist"


Now, at that time, I was pretty busy and did not have time to properly troubleshoot why it could not see a directory which was inside the VFS. I took the easy way out and put that directory on a network share. I opened up the package in the App-v sequencer, extracted the c:\IAM folder. I then edited the package and updated the "Machine\Software\The Department of Education\Edconnect\8.x\TempDirectory" registry key to reflect the new location of the network share. I then saved the package and it started working. I was worried that multiple users using that same temp directory at the same time would cause problems, but it has been 2 months and i have heard no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment